FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
68 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Dear Support,

I would like to compare the router configuration with RMS.
Is there a possiblity to chech the configuration with the management tool? Or do I need to check all routers individually with remote access?

Background:
We have about 500 devices (RUT240) in the system and we would like to standardize the configuration.

BR, Tifoso

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

There are a few ways this could be done:

1. Using the Backup and Restore functions:
    • This feature is very useful when your devices:
      • Have the same firmware version;
      • Are  of the same order code;
      • Need exactly the same configuration;
    • More information about this feature can be found here, but the basic summary is, if the devices satisfy the requirements mentioned above, their configuration can be cloned from one another;
    • These backups can be uploaded using RMS, even if the devices are offline (the backup will be loaded once the devices come online).
  2. Using the RMS Device Configurator:
    • This feature is still in beta, so minor issues may appear when using it;
    • However, when devices, that are online are selected, they all can be configured in bulk by navigating to the Configuration menu and selecting Device configuration (beta);
    • This will allow you to set individual parameters, however, not all services might me configurable when using this tool for now.
    • More information about this feature can be found here.

Let me know if any more information is needed!

Best regards,
DaumantasG