FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
210 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I changed APN and now i've lost connection. How to access the router to change it back.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Is it a remotely located device or do you have physical access to it?

I case the device is next to you, try a simple reset with the button. If that does not help, try factory reset by holding the button for 12 - 20 seconds. Your last resort option is device recovery by uploading firmware via bootloader menu. For instructions, please refer here.

In remote access case, are you able to send/receive messages to/from the router?

Maybe you have it added to RMS and could try access from the platform?

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hello,

It is located remotely.

Can you please elaborate a bit more as in what do you mean by RMS and also sending and receiving messages from the router?

I was accessing router through Ip add, WebUI.

thanks
by anonymous

RMS is Teltonika's cloud platform, which, as one of its functionalities, provides remote device access as long as it is connected to the internet.

As for SMS, by default, router has certain commands, which can be sent to the device via SMS messages and generate a certain response. You can find more details here. Did your device had data-only SIM card inserted?

If not, and if you know its number, you could try to send an SMS message with the following syntax:

• <password> status

Replace <password> with the router's WebUI login password.

If response is received, it would be possible to attempt some configuration changes as well, otherwise, not much can be done.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hello,

It has data only sim plan.

Thanks
by anonymous

In this case, not much can be done. 

You could try adding the router to RMS. If the device has never been to the platform, you will have one month of free monitoring service and some data for other functionalities. The idea is that, if the device is online, but due to APN change received a different IP, eventually it should come online and you could access the device's WebUI.

Otherwise, if it is offline, no way to recover it, without having physical access the device.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Thanks for your input. Can you please point me in right direction to configure reset and then configure fresh teltonika router. Any article or guidelines. Thanks
by anonymous

Hello,

Device reset options are listed here, if by reset you mean complete device restore to factory default settings. The rest of the configuration depends entirely on your use case requirements.  

Best regards,