FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,516 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hello,
what is the major difference between RUT955 and RUT956?
At first sight both devices looks the same.
The most interesting parameters in my application are:
- LTE Cat. (Uplink speed)
- Device CPU
- Booting time
- Overall speed
From this point of view there is any reason to switch to the RUT956?
Regards Konrad

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The major difference between the devices is the CPU:

• RUT955: Atheros Wasp, MIPS 74Kc, 550 MHz
  • RUT956: Mediatek, MT7628, 580 MHz

Another thing to note is that RUT956 does not contain micro SD card slot, which is available on RUT955.

Other than that, these are Identical devices in their features and capabilities, with RUT956 having a slightly faster CPU, which might improve performance.

Despite that, I would like to inform you, that RUT955 has entered product End of Life, meaning that new orders for RUT955 will not be accepted from 31.07.2023, no more units will be produced from 31.12.2023, no software support provided after 31.12.2025.

With that in mind, I would encourage you to consider switching to RUT956.

Best regards,

Best answer
by anonymous
Hello,

I just purchased a RUT956 and I'm kinda worried with the non existent SD Card. Do you know what's the internal memory of the RUT 956? What are the other options for mass storage, only USB?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards.
by anonymous
Hello,

RUT956 with default settings on the latest 7.04.2 firmware has about  2.1MB of flash for additional user applications and other files, which, of course, is not much.  

Expansion is only possible through external USB mass storage devices.

Best regards,
by anonymous
Hello,

Thanks for the reply!

Do you have any idea why they removed the SD Cards? We got some problem with "read only" errors before. Was that part of the reason?

Do you know the max storage possible for the USB? Can't find it.

Best Regards