FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
578 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I have a RUT241 FW RUT2M_R_00.07.02.7

on LAN port it has 192.168.1.1. If I connect it to my PC (192.168.1.5) i can obviously access the WebUI or ping it.

But if I connect it via WAN port (and start a DHCP server on my PC, that gives him 192.168.1.51) i cannot ping nor access WebUI.

Also via mobile it cannot be pinged or access WebUI (i have access to mobile provider VPN so i could reach directly the mobile IP).

Why I can't WebUI or ping it through WAN? All settings seems to be good:

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Here is the file: troubleshoot

at 15:40 I attached the router to my PC, and the PC's DHCP server gave to router the IP 192.168.1.51

at 15:41 I pinged from PC the IP 192.168.1.51 (no answer)

at 15:42 I detached WAN port and attached PC to LAN port, accessed the WebUI and downloaded the troubleshoot file

by anonymous
Update on the case:

i saw that OpenVPN internal settings were set as "TCP" instead ad "UDP". Thus, OpenVPN cannot connect.

This should not be a problem, since I was trying to ping/access WebUI from WAN and from Mobile, failing both, not from OpenVPN.

However, after setting correctly "TCP", beside correct connection of OpenVPN, also WAN started responding to PING and http access!

By now only access from mobile doesn't work (note again: mobile hasn't public IP but mobile provider gave me access to their VPN. i'm contacting them to see if all is ok)