FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
146 views 3 comments
by anonymous

OS Version: RUT Version: RUT9_R_00.07.03.4

Model: RUT955 but same issue was observed on a RUT950 

My RUT955 continues to randomly connect and then disconnect from the carrier, Telstra causing a complete loss in network connection. The WAN port is not occupied and is intended to go unused. I am from Australia. The signal strength is extremely strong in this area and the status of the 4g network has been verified via another device on the same network in the same location. A high gain antenna has been attached which is new and known to be working. Different antennas have been tested all with the same result. The factory firmware was experiencing the same issues, upgrading the firmware continued to experience the same issues. After flashing it with the latest RUT955 firmware and erasing all custom settings it appeared as though the cellular connection became more stable however this was not the case and the issue persisted. I am experiencing the network working momentarily after restarting and then dropping out shortly after. I suspect this to be a firmware issue however I cannot prove this. It is either a firmware, config or hardware issue. 

I have attached the trouble shoot file, the SIM card settings/status and the network events log for when it disconnected last. It was previously connected for several hours without serious issue. It had not reconnected for at least 3 hours after the last disconnection from the 4g network which I restored momentarily by rebooting the device.

The APN is correct and I have verified this with the carrier. I am at a loss for what could be causing this ridiculous issue. 

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

It appears that you did not attach the troubleshoot file. Please re-add it by editing your question.

Best regards,
by anonymous
Hey, I have now attached the files.
by anonymous
The logs indicate numerous modem disconnects.

This can be an indication of failing hardware, however, I would like you to try performing modem firmware update.

I have sent you the instructions in a private message.

Best regards,
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

we have old RUT with the same problem on FW 07.04.

We need to update modem firmware ?

regards
by anonymous

Hello,

Please send a troubleshoot file in a private message to investigate your case in more detail.

To generate the file, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,