FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
474 views 2 comments
by anonymous
If i try to Connect through wan wifi to an 5ghz wifi the Connection is done  but then the 5 ghz wifi stopps running. The dfs Channel is locked to    163 an cannot be changed. The wifi ist not visible and there is no possibility to Connect.

Is it a Hardware Problem or a firmware problem, on 2.4 GHz it works fine

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

If I understand correctly, you are using RUTX50 as an access point to connect your devices and a client to some other station at the same time?

If this is the case, there is a known issue, which is being worked on at the moment, but does not have a resolution yet.

The only available option at the moment is to stick to 2.4GHz frequency band.

Apologies for the inconveniences.

Best regards,
by anonymous
Hi, is there an update on this, just installed a new RUTX50 and the 5GHz frequency shows no signal - do you have a resolution?

Update: my mistake I was out of range for 5GHz hence no signal showing in WebGUI - I was assuming this as the signal at the box.  Both my Android and Windows laptop can see and connect to 5GHz in the same room.  I have not tested range but this was an error in how I interpreted the status.
by anonymous

Hello,

There are ongoing issues, when 5GHz frequency WiFi interface is used as a client and access point at the same time, which should be resolved in the upcoming 7.05 firmware.

However, if this interface has no signal at all from the get go, it is not related to the above. If that is the case, would it be possible to get a troubleshoot file from the device? To generate the file, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. Send this file in a private message.

The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,