FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
113 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Dear Teltonika-Team,

pretty anoying is the permanent break of the own Router-Wifi if anything is done under Wireless-section.
I did absolutely fresh install for simply reproducing it:

1) Bootloader -> fresh FW installation up to 07.03.4 (no "keep settings").
2) Finish basic settings of Install-Wizard
3) Reboot
4) "netstat -r" clearly shows that eth1 (wired wan) is used - so I have stable connection for investigation
5) Go to Wireless -> Scan -> Add a Wifi
ISSUE: RUT-WLAN stopps at least for 30s (and Clients like PC or Handy therefore disconnects!)
6) Disabling or Enabling the new Wifi 
ISSUE: RUT-WLAN stopps at least for 30s (and Clients like PC or Handy therefore disconnects!)

Please advise for help,
this is so anoying in case of testings or when users did not add the flag for reconnection and auto-batch-scripts fails...

Thx, Rainer

by anonymous
Runing "official" openwrt on RUT955, to apply modified wifi settings takes about 5sec, max, because of typing "wifi down" " wifi up" at CLI. But my system definitely has not so much redundant overhead as yours.
by anonymous
The question is:

WHY Router-Wifi stopps at all if a totally independent Wifi is added, or enabled/disabled ?
by anonymous
Hello,

This is simply, how the device operates. In order to get all changes reflected to the radio that you are configuring, related services are restarted.

Best regards,

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Because wpad etc. have to be re-started.