FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
376 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

Have a couple dozen RUT's but this is the first TRB.  Couple of issues, but the main (simplest?) one is we cannot get it to register. Device has been added to portal and firmware updated.

Second issue is trying to get it to bridge/passthrough a Telstra 4G connection to a Meraki MX68W (or even a PC).  The only way I've been able to do this is to disable DHCP and set an IP address on the device in the 192.168.2.x subnet - in Passthrough mode.  Not sure if its something to do with Telstra or the Teltonika?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

1. Could you provide a serial number of your device to check fir us the RMS side?

2. For Bridge/Passthrough modes, I would like you to revise this page for detailed instructions on how to properly configure bridge/passthrough mode. If it still does not work, for troubleshooting, I would like you to check the following:

• Which firmware version your device has installed? Are you using the latest 7.3.4?
  • Have you entered a correct MAC of the interface you want your mobile IP to pass to? To check this, before enabling bridge/passthrough, login to router's WebUI, navigate to Status -> Network -> LAN, or login via CLI and execute command below:
    • arp
  • For a deeper inspection you may download TCP dump from Services -> Package manager page and enable monitoring for br-lan interface in System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section. For a more tailored packet capture, I would suggest to enable packet capture on LAN interface specifically for DHCP protocol with the command:
    • tcpdump -i br-lan port 67 or port 68 -w /tmp/capture.pcap

Then extract capture.pcap file from the router using WinSCP, following instructions here.

• I would also like you to download a troubleshoot file from System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot page.

Attach files by editing your question.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hi,

Had to send this unit out so left as NAT as that was the most reliable method during testing inhouse to establish and maintain the Internet connection.  I would like to focus on the the RMS registration issue for now.

Serial number is 1126449016

Firmware 7.3.4

Regards

Paul

EDIT:  Also just confirming you received the troubleshooting log, and whether that contains the serial number/firmware rev?
by anonymous

Your TRB device is registered as RUT in RMS. Could you unregister it, and, when adding, set Device model type, as TRB.

Best regards.

0 votes
by anonymous

Unfortunately, the MX64 lacks support for bridge mode, so public IP addresses cannot be used with hotspots such as the Telstra (Netgear) Nighthawk M1.

In any case, I did find out that bridge mode is supported by the Netgear LB2120 4G LTE Modem. I'm currently testing it, and results are promising.

the backrooms

by anonymous
actually...  we are trialling this device due to our current modems (Netgear Nighthawk M1's) becoming "flaky".  They've been connected to this MX65W for about 4 years now but recently developed an issue whereby the connections (we have two on this MX) drop for whatever reason.  What I don't like is having to remove the batteries (they expand if always connected to power), and also found them to go into standby mode for no apparent reason sometimes.

As it turns out these particular M1's were being powered by Apple chargers (???).  Sent up proper Netgear chargers and new USB cables last week and they're back to being reliably connected now.

Still looking to change out for TRB140's but can confirm we've had multiple M1's on MX64's, MX65's and MX68's.

Have also tested with the Netgear LM1200 but my colleague reackons the 4G performance not as good (using the same external antenna/cables).  I don't like TS9 connectors either!