FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
338 views 8 comments
by anonymous
Hello. After configuring ipsec tunnel from Teltonika RUTXR1 to Head office VPN router, I need to access several network services (inside Head Office LAN) from RUTXR1. For this to work, all requests from RUTXR1 must come from its LAN IP, because only LAN subnet are announced in IPSEC tunnel. Question is: how to do this? Or is there another way, how to solve this problem? Network services are: NTP, DNS, may be syslog ...

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

In order to have all packets coming from the RUTXR1's LAN IP you need to enable Masquerading in the firewall, go to Network->Firewall->General Settings/Zone=>Forwarding section enable ipsec=>lan forwarding there.

You also need to declare the subnets you want to reach in Services->Ipsec, edit the tunnel parameters in section Connection Settings / General Settings add them to the Remote subnet list.

Regards,
by anonymous
Second part is understandable. First part is unclear. There is no such predefined firewall zone as ipsec. Can you be a little more specific, please.
by anonymous
If you don't have an ipsec zone you need to create it first, and enable Local firewall in Connection Settings->Advanced settings for your IPSEC tunnel.
by anonymous
here is my problem. I do not know how to create ipsec fw zone, since ipsec has no interface.
by anonymous
Go to Network->Firewall->General Setting use the ADD button in the Zones section.
by anonymous
I know how to add a zone. I do not understand, how to add a zone, what defines ipsec tunnel. Are you saying, what i need just add a zone, name it "ipsec" and that is all?
by anonymous
Apparently the ipsec configuration has been changed in recent versions, however the optional interface field is still handled by /etc/init.d/ipsec. I'll check to see if there is a workaround.
by anonymous
Any news regarding this?

I think i have the same issue. My IPsec VPN tunnel is up and running but not traffic is going over the VPN.

I have remote and local FW enable but no firewall rule the mention IPsec neither am i able to select it.