FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
124 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Dear all,

I have a working internet connection, where the internet signal from ADSL connection, that goes to a normal TP-LINK router which is connected to a switch and everything works fine.

Now, we would like to replace the TP-Link router with RUT241. I do connect the ethernet cable, that was going to the WAN port of TP-LINK to the WAN Port of RUT241, and the LAN port of RUT241 is connected to the TP-Link Switch.

But there is no internet. The RUT241 with mobile card inserted only does work and has internet access. Is there a description of the steps I need to do? Can you help.

Thank you in advance.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The logs indicate that the router does register connection to WAN port and sends requests for WAN IP, however, receives no reply.

Fri Mar  3 00:15:49 2023: wan (2904): udhcpc: broadcasting discover
Fri Mar  3 00:15:52 2023: wan (2904): udhcpc: broadcasting discover
Fri Mar  3 00:15:55 2023: wan (2904): udhcpc: broadcasting discover

My assumption is that your ISP has an IP lease bound to the MAC of your previous TP-LINK router network interface, thus I would suggest to contact them and inform about the change of router.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Dear ZygimantasBliu,

Thanks for your feedback. It was really helpful to find the problem faster! We had to change the WAN IP to a correct one, that was given to us by the ISP.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best regards,
Michael