FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
427 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Good afternoon. I purchased rutx14. From the factory shows the modem firmware (Internal modem firmware version EG12EAPAR01A09M4G_01.001.01.001 Kernel version 5.4.221) according to the instructions from this page https://community.teltonika-networks.com/52307/rutx09-sim1-reported-not-inserted-after-reboot-and-with-rutx, I saw that the latest firmware is EG12EAPAR01A13M4G. According to the instructions from the same page, it returns an error. I've tried different options, it doesn't work out. I know that it is possible to update via USB, but I did not find the firmware file. I see that the firmware of my modem is very outdated, I would like to update. Help please.

I also connected a backup channel to the WAN and put it at the very top. So that there are no errors during the firmware.

Please write all commands verbatim, with the firmware number. Without false brackets, for RUTX14. A sequence of commands with the desired firmware. Or a link to the latest firmware, for local updates

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Are you experiencing issues with your mobile connectivity?

It is recommended to not update the modem's firmware unless you have connectivity issues, such as your device being unable to connect to your mobile operator. If mobile connectivity works fine, it is better to avoid updating the modem's firmware, because it only affects the mobile connectivity, but has a chance to introduce other issues.

Kind Regards,

Andzej
0 votes
by anonymous

The speeds are unsatisfactory, aggregation is present 1+3+3 (sometimes 3+3+1 ). I understand that the station is overloaded during the day, but in the morning (when there is no load) the maximum I've seen is about 150mbps down and 110mbps up. I thought that the fresh firmware would improve the speed indicators.

by anonymous

Hi,

One solution to consider is enabling 'software flow offloading' in the router's Network -> Firewall -> General settings. This option can potentially improve speeds by optimizing how the router handles network traffic.

Another option is to experiment with locking the LTE bands for aggregation. The router may not always select the bands that provide the highest available speeds, so manually selecting LTE bands could improve performance. There is a YouTube video available here.

Kind Regards,

Andzej