FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
231 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

Suddenly we are unable to properly connect new devices to the RMS. I wonder whether a new feature/authentication was released from our end?

Once booted up, the device does provide mobile Data to RMS, although no other information as usual (had no such issues with last +450 devices). Once directly logged to the device - now it requires additional authentification (what is new). Before I proceed with all details/procedure (better done via call), I would like to see whether there were any related changes on your end.

Looking forward to your reply.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

There have indeed been changes to the logic of adding new devices to RMS. From now, before adding to RMS, new Teltonika device must have a "First login" done, i.e. a WebUI login and password change must have been made, as RMS will ask for the device's password before the device can be added.

The changes were implemented to enhance the platform's security. Requiring the password during device registration ensures that only the rightful owner of the device can register it to RMS.

Additionally, the "First login" requirement further increases security by preventing any third parties who may have obtained the default password through unintended means from registering the device.

Best regards,