FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
508 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

If anyone can please assist me, we need to set up a static IP address over DHCP on a specific port.
Also if anyone knows the naming convention of the ports it would be helpful, I cannot tell which one is eth0 which eth0.1 and eth 0.2 etc.
My colleague and I tried to lease, but it crashed the router so we had to factory reset (occured multiple times).
Should we upgrade the firmware to latest by any chance?
All information/pointes will be helpful.

Basically we need a static IP address on one Eth port if possible over dhcp.

Router in question are RUT950, 951 and 901, no matter which one, most should be the same I guess, we have all models.

Much appreciated.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hi,

It would be helpful if you could provide more specific details about what you are trying to accomplish.

Also, it would be great if you could update the firmware to the latest version.

Typically, all LAN ports are part of a single LAN interface called "br-lan," which has a single IP address. If you want to assign a unique IP address to a single LAN port, you'll need to set up a port-based VLAN on that interface. This will allow you to set an IP address specifically for that port. You can set the IP address as static and configure the port to act as a DHCP server so that devices connecting to that port will be assigned an IP address from the VLAN subnet. Alternatively, the port can obtain an IP address from a DHCP server, assuming that the DHCP server is on the same network as the VLAN port and is reachable.

If you need more information on how to configure port-based VLANs, you can refer to the wiki page provided here.

To set up a static IP address and configure the port to act as a DHCP server on your RUT, select "static" from the "protocol" option and enable DHCP server at the bottom. If you want the RUT VLAN interface to obtain an IP address from a DHCP server, select "DHCP" as the protocol.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

Best answer
by anonymous
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!

We realized that the naming convention is based on linux.

Thanks heaps!