FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
412 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I'd like to include my software components in custom compiled firmware based on Teltonika SDK for TRB140 and eventually RUT240. Compilation itself and upgrade is not an issue, but my concern is what would happen when factory reset is performed? That would reset it to factory settings or firmware as well?

Kal800

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

If the device is factory reset when it is running the custom firmware, it will come back to the same configuration, as if the custom firmware was just flashed.

If you'd like to go back to the official RutOS build, you'd need to flash an official image via the WebUI. If WebUI is not reachable, there is always a bootloader method for RUT, RUTX, TCR, and TRB2xx devices. For TRB1xx and TRB5xx a different recovery method is used (fastboot), which involves quite a few steps.

Could you let me know your concerns? Are they about not being able to recover the device after a failed build flash?

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Thanks a lot, so if something really terrible occur - some kernel panicked on start, there is still recovery procedure available? Could you please provide emergency procedure for TRB140?

Krzysztof
by anonymous

Hello,

The recovery procedure for the TRB1xx series can be found here. However, the rootfs.ubi file in the mentioned link is outdated. Please use the one provided here (assuming you're using TRB140 with a European modem).

The bootloader procedure for RUT2xx devices can be found here.

Let me know if anything else is needed!

Best regards,
DaumantasG