FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
186 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

the Status/Overview page on my RUTX11 (FW: RUTX_R_00.07.01.4) is filling up with a lot of duplicate WWAN tiles (type: -, failover: Disabled) - why is that?  There are 15 of them, in addition to the one WWAN (MAIN) one that has some actual details in it.  There are also four identical WIRELESS tiles all showing the same info.

Thanks, Rob.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

If possible, kindly try the following:

• Reboot the router itself and check if the issue still occurs.
  • If the first one doesn't work, try upgrading the router's FW version to the latest one. Refer to this link to download the RUTX11 Firmware.

Let me know the result. 

Best regards,

Robert

by anonymous
Hi Robert,

Thanks - a reboot made no difference so I updated to RUTX_R_00.07.04 and now I have even more duplicated tiles on the status/overview page!  I now have 24 empty WIRELESS entries on the page.  (I tried to attach a screenshot but it won't let me post it because "Maximum length is 12000 characters"...)

Thanks,
Rob.
by anonymous

Hello Rob, 

I would like apology first that you're having this issue.

Kindly try putting your router in the bootloader menu. Basically, it is a special state of the router from which you will be able to reinstall the firmware itself.
We have a guide for this for you to refer to: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Bootloader_menu

Note that you need to install the RUTX_R_00.02.06.1 first, then upgrade it to the latest firmware once the firmware upgrade is done in the bootloader menu. 

I'd recommend downloading the backup file first from the router in order for you to have a backup of all the configuration you've done with the router. Navigate to System → Backup page and click the 'Download' button.

After the bootloader process, kindly check if the error still occurs, then try uploading the backup file you downloaded earlier. 

• Navigate to System → Backup page
  • Click the 'Browse' button and find your backup file on your computer.
  • Click the "Upload Archive" button.

Let me know the results. 

Best regards,

Robert

by anonymous
Hi Robert,

I've tried that and after reflashing the firmware from the bootloader menu and then upgrading to the latest version, the Status/Overview page was back to normal.  However, after restoring from the settings backup the many duplicated tiles on the Overview page have returned.  :-/

Perhaps I will need to reflash it back to factory settings again and then manually reconfigure it?  [frown]

Rob.
by anonymous
Hello,

Yes, kindly factory reset the router and redo the configuration manually. It seems like your previous configuration is the one that is causing this issue.
After you reconfigure it, and the issue still occurs, kindly reply with the steps of your configuration so that I can recreate it as it may be a potential bug.

Best regards,

Robert
by anonymous
Hi,

I finally had time to reset the router and reconfigure it manually.  I thought I had made a good record of the settings to reproduce but it took a few attempts to get it working again.  The status/overview screen is now correct (no duplicate tiles) - thank you.

However, the network failover setting is no longer working.  The router normally gets its internet connection as a wireless client to another AP and fails over to a mobile connection when that isn't present.  Previously the failover screen would show the wireless connection as "Online" and the mobile connection as "Interface Stopped" but now both are Online and the the mobile connection is using a small amount of data (I guess due to the connection test pings?).  What have I done to break this?

Rob.

ps. I don't understand what the Rules section on the Failover screen is for...?
by anonymous
I don't know why but the failover problem has corrected itself.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
by anonymous

Hello Rob,

That's good to know that you've managed to fix the initial issue.

Regarding the Failover, in case you want to lessen a bit the data it is using you can pretty much configure the interval for each test ping since by default it is 3 seconds. 

Refer here for more information RUTX11 Failover

Best regards,

Robert