FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
697 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello, I am faced with the fact that my RUT950U02XXX works worse than my phone, the router and phone are connected to LTE Band 8 and the difference in data download is 2 times different, please explain why this difference, my root950 is 2 times slower, both devices work without carrier frequency aggregation, modem firmware EC25ECGAR06A13M1G_20.002.20.002 I attach a screenshot of the phone and router speed, the connection quality is excellent, I am less than 500m from the station in an open area, do you test modem firmware? Can I downgrade the firmware? I see that they complain about the speed discrepancy, teltonics, you need to solve these problems, we want to use your product, but there are some problems with them, specifically about modems, their bad firmware and connection speed that is lower than other devices that are cheaper. On the phone, the speed is 30 megabits, on RUT950 15 megabits

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

According to your description, it seems that the issue may be related to the difference in technologies between the RUT950 and your smartphone. RUT955 has a 4G LTE CAT 4 modem. The modems found in many mobile phones today support much higher categories. 

For example, many modern smartphones feature higher-end modems that support LTE CATs beyond 20, such as LTE CAT 22 or 23, which can deliver data speeds exceeding 1Gbps. This difference in modem technology can potentially result in mobile phones being able to provide higher data speeds than the RUT950. 

I suggest that you visit our wiki page here as it contains a detailed explanation of the discrepancies in LTE speeds.

Also, you can try to enable 'software flow offloading' in Network -> Firewall -> Generall settings. This option can potentially provide an increase in speed.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous
Your answer does not apply to the speed of the connection, aggregation is not used on the smartphone or on the RUT950, they work under the same conditions, why the same Huawei E3372H-153 with Cat4 Does it work 2 times faster? Unloading the flows is turned on, it does not affect the speed, you see that it does not give what is stated, I am very sorry that your devices do not correspond to the specification.
by anonymous
Hi,

Are you using the latest firmware version?

Is your SIM card is intended to be used with routers? Any chance your SIM provider is throttling mobile speeds? Some providers may throttle speeds when the SIM card is used in a router, which could impact the performance of your RUT950. It's worth checking with your provider to see if this is the case.

Another factor to consider is whether you are using the correct APN. The correct APN is necessary for your router to connect to your provider's network and achieve optimal speeds.

It would also be helpful to know how you are measuring the speed of your connection.

Also, could you please attach a troubleshoot file? It may be worth checking the router's configuration settings.

Kind Regards,

Andzej