FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
170 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I want to use the TRB 140 as LAN device on my network and use it to send sms messages. I do not want to use the TRB 140 as a router, is this possible? I've been looking through the documentation but it's not painting a clear picture for me if this is possible.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

In this case, may I know if you need internet connectivity for your TRB140? If not, then this connection is possible. Kindly note that TRB140 has only 1 WAN source (GSM). Can you provide us your topology, if possible, to understand your scenario better?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Janmiguel

by anonymous
Hi,

The TRB140 does not need to be connected to the internet, I would even prefer if it was not connected to the internet to minimize potential  security issues. I also think I misused the term "router", what I think I meant was that the TRB140 should not be used as a 4G-modem with internet connectivity, I only want the functionality to send SMS messages from the TRB 140 to my phone. My goal is to have a script on a server, that monitors some services, this script then uses ssh to connect to the TRB140  that then sends a SMS message to my phone when one or more of the services have failed on the server.
by anonymous

Hi,

To turn off internet connectivity of SIM card go to Network -> Interfaces -> General -> Click the pencil icon of mobile interface -> Under Protocol, choose None. Sending SMS should work but internet connectivity will be disabled. If issue persists, kindly let me know.

Regards,

Janmiguel