FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+2 votes
611 views 2 comments
by anonymous

I am trying to reach a Siemens PLC via a RUT950 router.
I have followed the Youtube and Wiki instructions on setting up the RMS VPN hub, routes and firewall rules. I also followed the Youtube video specific for Siemens PLC connection.
RUT950 fw: RUT9_R_00.07.04

The OpenVPN connetion seems to be working, but I am unable to ping a singe device connected to the RUT950.
The customer is using a SIM card without a public IP address (routed via ISP), could this be a problem?
Does anybody have any suggestions?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Check if you have:

• Enabled LAN forwarding in Clients section under Routes tab in HUB configuration;
  • Set Netmask to 255.255.255.255, if you want to reach a single device in your LAN;
  • Set router's LAN IP as default gateway, if the device behind RUT has a static IP setting;
  • Firewall of the PC is not dropping ping request packets. To check this, simply disable firewall;
  • Restarted the HUB;
  • Tried to update configuration and certificates under Clients tab and redownload VPN configuration file.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hi,
1. Lan forwading slider is turned on.
2. Yes, i have added the direct address of each device with netmask 255.255.255.255. I also attempted to add the entire range.
- This morning the auto search function is able to find more devices connected to the device. But I am still unable to communicate.
3. The routers IP should already be set as default gateway. I will look into this for extra confirmation.
4. The PLC is responding to Ping requests from devices in the same network. The firewall is allowing ping request packages.
5. I have restarted the hub several times. I also deleted everything and created a new HUB.
6. Yes. I downloaded a new configuration file after each change. Tried again this morning.

Do you have any further suggestions?
by anonymous

Could you login to router's WebUI and check the RMS VPN firewall zone settings in Network -> Firewall -> General settings. 'INPUT', 'OUTPUT' and 'FORWARD' should all be set to Accept. Masquerading should be enabled as well.

Best regards,

0 votes
by anonymous

Follow this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2qSTucE7u8

1. If your PLC has static IP address like in video so it is very important to set "Use router" settings in PLC network configuration and put them Lan address of your Teltonika device. Befor try to connect to PLC with VPN you have to download that settings to PLC.  

2. Use different subnet address for your VPN network and local network behind Teltonika router. Also use different sub nets for other net adapters including wirles adapter. 

The other big problem is Teltonika devices are not friendly to 'Siemens accessible devices' tool wich use PN-DCP and LLDPD protocols.  

You have to know PLC address to reach it. And cant just simple upload program from PLC if you do not have hardware configuration.   

Problem Describe here. Support team fro this topic does not helped me yet. 

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/42081/siemens-plc-visible-devices-over-ap

Try to solve it.