FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
169 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi Team,

I want to open port 22. And test if its working or not.

Could you please assist?

I have attached the screenshot with my current setup.

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

If you want to enable port 22 for remote SSH connection, you can pretty much configure it in the WebUI of the router itself.
Navigate to System -> Administration -> Access Control, and enable the Remote SSH Access. (Find the attached image for reference).

However, if you have other use for opening port 22. Kindly change the default port on the same tab System -> Administration -> Access Control (e.g. 2222), for you to be able to allocate port 22 for other use.

Hope this helps, let me know the results.

Best regards,

Robert

by anonymous

I have done changes that you advised on System -> Administration -> Access Control, and enable the Remote SSH Access.

My main aim was to open this port 22 for end user who accessing the third-party device that is connected to teltonika. I added the firewall rule to open port 22. But the end user advised the port is still closed. And they cannot access it. So how can I open port 22 for them and test if the port 22 is open from my end?

by anonymous

Hello,

For me to get the whole picture of what you're trying to achieve, kindly provide/confirm the following:

• The topology of your setup on how the RUT360 is connected to your third-party device.
  • Make sure on the third party device, the remote access is enabled, and it is pingable from your Teltonika router.
  • Kindly provide me the screenshot of the network configuration of the third-party device.
Note that by default, all ports are open on our devices. 
Best regards,
Robert