FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
323 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Hello Support Team,

having updated my RUT955 to FW 00.07.04 after reboot via menu respectively after a power down/power up sequence two strange error messages appeared:

1) "Failed to load network events"

2) "Failed to load system events"

3) "Failed to load wireless status".

I have never had these messages in previous firmware versions. What are these messages about?

Thanks and BR

Guenther

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Although these messages may be inconvenient, your device should continue to function normally without any issues. Can you please let me know if this issue is affecting any of the device's functionalities?

The development team is aware of this issue and is working on resolving it in future firmware updates. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Kind Regards,

Andzej
by anonymous

Hello AndzejJ,

thanks for your comment and the information that R&D is working on it. I added another case 3) that occurred in firmware version 07.04.1. It seems to me that none of the errors impair the function of the device, yet I cannot perform all test cases to proof it. In case 3) one is not sure about de facto status. So I'll be happy to get a firmware version without these inconveniences.

BR Guenther

by anonymous

Hi,

Could you please tell me when exactly this occurs? What are the steps to reproduce this issue? I am using two RUT955's. Had some network and system status errors, but have not had those since 7.04. I did not encounter wireless status errors at all. 

Have you tried to reinstall the firmware via bootloader? I suggest doing so. Instructions are available here.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous
Hello Andzej,

as I remember it was short after hard-reboot and subsequent log in, but I'm not sure.

Today I tried again two cases, hard- and soft-reboot, now with FW version 07.04.1.

I soft-rebooted the system, which took about 170 seconds. Almost simultaneously with the authorization dialog a message "Request timeout" occured.

I hard-rebooted the system, which took about 110 seconds. No error message occured.

I soft-rebooted the system, which again took about 170 seconds. No error message occured. But instead it took a long time until the Status > Overview screen was filled with data. Then it took again nearly about 60 seconds until the CPU load dropped from 100% down to about 27%.

Are there timing problems between the firmware serving for the WebUI and the part which performs board support?

What is the difference between re-installing via bootloader? It should justify the additional effort!

Thanks and BR

Guenther
by anonymous

Hi,

Would you be able to reinstall the firmware using the bootloader procedure? The procedure is described here. This will ensure that you have a clean installation of the firmware.

Some of the errors you're experiencing may be caused by frequent API requests when using the WebUI, particularly when accessing the overview where there are many requests. Keep in mind that either way, there still may be some 'fail to load' messages, but, as I have already mentioned, these should not affect the functionalities of the device.

In case the issue persists after the bootloader procedure, and you get a lot of these messages, could you please attach a troubleshoot file to your question? Troubleshoot file can be downloaded from System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot page. If there are any significant problems with your device, the troubleshoot file may provide some insights into the matter.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous

Hello Andzej,

thank you for your suggestion to install the firmware via the bootloader. I've read through the procedure and, to be honest, it's too complicated and dangerous for me. And if that didn't help, what would be the next step? Buying a router from the competition? In addition, as a customer, it is not my job to support your test department!
I installed the latest firmware 7.04.2 instead; as you said, R&D is working on the bug. But nothing has changed; the error persists.
At the time, your marketing announced the RutOS as a high-performance, secure system. It may be safe, I can't judge that, but it's not high-performing at all. After booting, the CPU load is at 100% for a few minutes. What is the system doing during this time? It doesn't surprise me that some requests are lost as you described above. All of this did not exist with firmware 6.x! Since versions 7.x the router has caused problems and is more on my desk for testing purposes than in my camper where it should just do its job. A big disappointment!

BR

Guenther