FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
292 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi everyone,

I got to know recently that RUT240 is EOL by end of this year and that the replacement is RUT241.

Now, when I receive a new RUT240 I update its firmware and also apply a configuration backup that was created from an RUT240 device.

I wonder now that we will use RUT241, could I use the same firmware file and configuration backup file that I use for RUT240 or do I need to have a different one that is generated from a RUT241.

A background: I automated the modem update so I wonder if the automation should be modified in a way that it recognize first which modem it is and then apply different files accordingly or if it was just work fine with both RUT240 and RUT241 without the need for any modifications.

Thanks in advance!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Backup files generated on RUT240 will not be compatible with RUT241. Thus, you will need to reconfigure RUT241 from scratch, generate a backup and apply a separate automation solution. 

Alternatively, if you have your devices added to Teltonika's remote management system (RMS) you could write a script including all of the configuration options you want to set on a new device. Next, you would need to create a task in RMS platform web page. Lastly, you can select all the devices you want to upload the configuration to and execute the script for all of them at the same time.

Configuration can be realized through uci commands. For reference on how to use uci commands, check here. Be aware, that actual commands and options in your device will probably differ, thus, for the actual option names, check the device itself. For example, to list wireless options and values, use command:

• uci show wireless

You can find more details on RMS Task manager here.

As another way to migrate from RUT240 to RUT241, you can try to copy only configuration files from the backup file or RUT240 itself and move them to RUT241 using scp/WinSCP, as instructed in this page, since configuration interface is unified between the devices. The directory with the configuration files is /etc/config. Exclude system configuration file, as device firmware and device product code options differ between RUT240 and RTU241. Also, before moving configuration files, make sure firmware versions match between the devices.

Best regards,