FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
393 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I have a RUTX50 which is in my live-rigg for video production. Where the router is "cold" the modem does not connect to cell network upon first boot for the day. I then have to cut the power to the router and boot again and after that the modem connects.

For some reason I have accepted this procedure, but Im not happy with it with professional product. But what just happened today is that the modem disconnected without any reason (Mobile data disconneced (internal modem)) while it had been up for a while and I had to do a power recycle in the middle of operation.

This makes the RUTX50 a quite unreliable product!

Anyone that have problem with the modem om RUTX50 and have managed to fix it?

Im on latest available FW version. Adding screenshot of the log from when the modem disconnected.
by anonymous
Hi, I have the same problem. The mobile interface disconnected today while traveling and I can’t reconnect it. No reboot or power off/on works.
by anonymous
Hello,

As in the comment below, it would be more helpful in diagnosing the issue, if you could provide a troubleshoot file in a private message.
Best regards,
by anonymous
After trying to upgrade the modem firmware driver manually trough cli, the modem went unresponsive. Did at factory reset and now the modem act ok on boot as it looks now. Pausing this error case until I see other behavior.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

As an alternative to rebooting the device completely, you could only reboot its modem on events of mobile disconnection, which is faster and leaves other device services up and running.

To configure automatic reboots, login to router's WebUI, navigate to Services -> Auto reboot -> Ping/Wget reboot. Edit existing default or create a new instance. In its settings, enable it, set Action if no echo is received option to Modem reboot, adjust the rest of the settings to your needs or leave them as default.

As for the mobile connection instability, it is difficult to estimate without some logs from the device. For this, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

by anonymous
As above says and then you can also set a more delayed reboot of entire router, if modem reboot fails to unfreeze device.