FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
391 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I want to use TSW210 on Multimode OM2 50/125 micron fiber optic cable. My cable length is around 800 meters. Now on OM2 type of fiber optic, I can communicate this long distance only if SFP transceiver supports 1310nm wavelength. I couldn't find any such details regarding which make and model I can use to achieve this special requirement. Can you please help me out in this case. Thanks.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

SFP modules such as this or this supporting 1310nm wavelengths have been tested and confirmed working, thus there should be no issues with your case requirements.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Your mentioned SFPs are single mode. I need Multimode 1310nm.
by anonymous
There are no reasons to assume it should not work.

The thing to understand is that TSW simply provides SFP interface. It is really not that selective to the type of fiber connected to it, as long as the transceiver conforms to SFP format. Another thing to ensure is that the same multimode SFP transceiver is used on both ends.

Best regards,