FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
342 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

My client reported the brand new RUT240 misbehaving (low signal reception of mobile carrier, high latency and low download speeds).

I recommended firmware update since this router received many firmware updates since launch. After update was “installed” the router got stuck and failed. On power up all lights are flashing, nothing’s working. Bootloader doesn’t work either (once power plugged and reset button released, all lights flashing as before) . Is there anything can be done to attempt fixing it or it’s all over ?

The router was bought by my company through third party suppliers and it seems warranty doesn’t cover this particular case. It’s absolutely disappointing since it was bought brand new and had issues right from the start so it couldn’t be used as intended until it failed during FW update.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

Recovery via bootloader is the last resort option, thus if it does not work, nothing else can be done.

Based on the serial number of the device, it does have valid warranty, and your case should be covered by warranty, if there is no visible physical damage, due to improper device use. Thus I would suggest to return it to your reseller to initiate RMA procedure.

Best regards,

Best answer