FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
108 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

Currently I'm using Teltonika RUTX11 with the firmware version RUTX_R_00.07.03.4. The issue what we're facing is it not automatically switching between multiple access points though every access point has same SSID, security protocols and also using 802.11r. 

The computational unit is connected to RUTX11 via LAN and RUTX11 is connected to Access Points via Wireless. All the devices are under same network.

I have attached the pictures just to give an overview of the idea what I'm trying to achieve

For example at time 0, RUTX11 is connected to Access Point 1. Now as the vehicle will move, for example at time 10, we're expecting RUTX11 will connect to Access Point 2 and so on.

It's perfectly working with one access point but the automatic switching between multiple access points is not happening on RUTX11. Could you please give me some insight how can I solve this issue? 

Thanks and Regards

1 Answer

+2 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like you to try the following modifications via SSH. To begin, please login to your router via CLI/SSH. Edit wireless configuration file with a text editor using the following command:

• vi /etc/config/wireless

Press letter i to enable editing and add the following options to config wifi-iface, which has option mode 'sta'  (your WiFi client instance)

option bgscan 'simple'
         option short_interval '20'
         option long_interval '300'
         option signal_thresh '-50'

Once done, press Esc button, entre :wq and press Enter to save changes and exit. Then execute reload_config command.

See, if you get more satisfactory performance.

Explanation of the options:

• Short_interval - defines the interval between background scans (in seconds) if the actual signal level of the currently connected access point is worse than signal_strength (signal_thresh in wireless config).
  • Long_interval - defines the interval between background scans (in seconds) if the actual signal level of the currently connected access point is better than signal_strength(signal_thresh in wireless config).
  • Signal_thresh - defines a threshold (in dBm) that determines which one of the following two parameters (i.e., Short Interval or Long Interval) will be effective.

Best regards,

Best answer