FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
210 views 6 comments
by anonymous
I have a Rutx12 wifi client set up to connect to an SSID that has various channels(APs). The bgscan option is also set. The wifi client connects to the strong(-32dBm) channel(13) and then after some time moves to the weaker(-75dBm) ch(10)where it stays connected for about 10 seconds and moves back to the stronger channel. This process is repeated every few minutes The FW is RUTX_R_00.07.04.1. I would be most grateful if you can provide me with some insight into this problem.

Thank you and best regards
by anonymous
Good evening, it looks like some wifi beacon pkts are being dropped after the FW upgrade, which causes the client to switch to another AP even when the original AP has a stronger signal.

Best Regards
by anonymous

Would it be possible to get troubleshoot files, along with actual frame capture file as in BeaconNG file? These are mandatory to raise a ticket for the developers, to investigate the issue in depth.

Best regards,

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue by having the device to switch between access points several times, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. 

The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. While I ask the customer for permission to send the troubleshoot file, I send you a screenshot of beacon pkts caught using ws. Also, the problem did not present itself with the older version of the FW(RUTX_R_00.02.06.1). I also uploaded a line chart showing the RSS values when there was no problem

Best regards
by anonymous

In order to investigate further, a troubleshoot file is needed. 

If possible, could you get files from both firmware versions:

Best regards,

0 votes
by anonymous
Good Evening

Thank you very much for your prompt reply, I have uploaded the pcap file captured using the monitoring interface, at row 203 you can see the packet drop where the SN jumps from 1986 -> 2101.  The problem worsens if I run a periodic(10sec) "iwinfo wlan0 scan" command. I am asking the customer for the troubleshooting file but they are worried that it can leak sensitive information

by anonymous
Good Evening:

I uploaded a troubleshoot.zip file which is a stripped down of the original, I hope you can understand, they are a very important customer for us and they value security very much.

by anonymous

Hello,

I do understand your security concerns, however a complete file is needed. Currently it is missing crucial information. 

Attached files are private and visible only to Teltonika Moderators. If it is still not an option, you can send it in a private message or to an email: zygimantas.bliujus@teltonika.lt

Best regards,