FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
361 views 9 comments
by anonymous

Hi all, my RUT240 won't get a connection to the mobile network. Is it the RSRP or potentially something else? Running 7.04 firmware. 

by anonymous
New modem firmware installed and still back at square one. No idea what's going on.
by anonymous
Hello,

A remote session would be great here to troubleshoot the issue further.

I'll message you via a private message.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

To understand what could be causing this behavior, I'll ask you to navigate to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and generate a troubleshoot file. This file can be attached to the original question and will only be visible to Teltonika moderators. It contains some logs and your configuration, which should tell me why your device is having difficulty connecting to the carrier.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Thanks for that - I've attached the file to the original post.
by anonymous

Hello,

Interestingly, signal values at the time when the troubleshoot file was generated seem very poor.

I'll ask you to perform a factory reset using the bootloader procedure and check if that helps. If it does not, disable the failover and ping reboot, wait for the issue to replicate, and generate another troubleshoot file.

I'd also recommend manually setting the APN to telstra.internet, as it was using a different one before.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
I've wiped it and gone from scratch, all to no avail. I've added the second file dated today (28/3).
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for the file. It seems like the modem cannot connect to the operator. Could you try placing the SIM card into your mobile phone and check if everything works?

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
The SIM does indeed function correctly in another device. Update modem firmware perhaps? Or is it already included in the v7 firmware image?
by anonymous
Hello,

Yes, I believe the modem update procedure is next in line here. I will provide the instructions to you via a private message.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
Appreciated.