FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
280 views 4 comments
by anonymous
I have 1 RUT950 device, 3 computers connect to it via the lan portal. I solved the internet with a SIM card. How can I make sure that the 3 connected computers only get internet during working hours?

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello Luko,

Apologies for the late answer,

You can configure your router (RUT950) on limiting internet access on the computers connected to its LAN port during certain hours.

1. Login to the WebUI of your Router.
  2. Navigate to Network -> Firewall -> Traffic Rules.
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you should see "Add New Instance"
  4. Configure the following:
    • Add type - Add new forward rule
    • Name - Any name of your choice (e.g. Disable_Internet_Connectivity)
    • Source Zone - lan
    • Destination Zone - wan
  5. Click Add, then a pop up window will be displayed.
  6. Enable the new instance
  7. You can leave everything by default, but feel free to play with it. If you want to specifically block internet access on a certain computer, then you can add its MAC address on the Source MAC address. 
  8. Find the "Action" field and choose "Drop"
  9. Lastly, scroll down until you see the Start Time and Stop Time field.
  10. Configure it in a schedule from which you'll block internet access on a certain period.
  11. Save & Apply.

Kindly refer to this wiki article for more information on this configuration.

Best regards,

Robert

by anonymous
hi, I don't have the Start Time and End Time fields at the end of the setting. I did not find such fields in the rules forward edit section and in the traffic rule menu. Or am I looking in the wrong place?
by anonymous

Hi,

Can you tell me the firmware version of the router?

Kindly upgrade it to RUT9_R_00.07.03.4 or to the latest one if you can't find such fields. You can update it via a server or by uploading the file which can be downloaded here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT950_Firmware_Downloads

After upgrading the firmware, kindly configure the traffic rule mentioned above. Let me know if you can find those fields after updating the firmware. 

Best regards,

Robert

by anonymous
thanks, it works!
by anonymous
Sorry, but there was an error, I hope you can help me. I would like to make Internet access available from 7:00:00 a.m. to 5:00:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.

I set 3 traffic rules as follows:

- I blocked the internet as you wrote from Monday to Friday from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59

- I disabled Saturday and Sunday from 00:00:00 to 7:00:00

- I disabled Saturday and Sunday from 17:00:00 to 23:59:59

Thus, due to the bans, the internet would only be available on Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. It has worked well so far, it became available on Saturday morning, but it won't turn off. It's a bit strange, but as soon as the Internet is available, I can't disable it anymore, only if I restart the router.

What could I have messed up? Or is there a better solution?