FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
389 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Hello,
I'm measuring battery level of some device by analog input pin in the 955 router. When the battery drops below 24V I need to send the email message. The problem is that if my battery is close to 24V it is oscilating close to this vale and trigger multiple emails. Is there any solution to send only 1 message (for example set some max frequency for emails)?
Regards Konrad

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

It should be kept in mind, that the analog input pin only supports voltages up to 24VDC, so a voltage divider needs to be used. For example, if the maximum voltage of 30V can be achieved, then two 1.5kΩ resistors can be used to lower the voltage to 15V max.

Now regarding the voltage oscillations, the best way would be to use a capacitor or something similar to stabilize the voltage before it gets passed down to the RUT955. However, if this is not possible, one solution could be to use Modbus Slave + Mobus Alarm to avoid duplicate messages:

• Navigate to Services → Modbus → Modbus TCP Slave;
  • Enable the service;
  • Press Save & Apply;
  • Navigate to Services → Modbus → Modbus TCP Master;
  • Create a new instance;
    • Enable the instance;
    • Create a name;
    • IP address: 127.0.0.1;
    • Period: 10;
  • Scroll down to the bottom to Alarms Configuration;
  • Create a new instance;
    • Enable the instance;
    • Function Code: Read Holding Registers (3);
    • Compared condition data type: 32bit INT, Byte order 1,2,3,4;
    • First register number: 142;
    • Values: the voltage value which will trigger the action;
    • Condition: Less than;
    • Action frequency: First trigger;
    • Redundancy protection: specify how much time should pass before the next message can be sent;
    • Action: SMS;
Unfortunately, this service only supports sending SMS messages, and not emails, so if this is an issue, a solution like a capacitor to stabilize the voltage needs to be used.
Let me know if there are any further questions!

Best regards,
DaumantasG 

by anonymous

Hello,
as for 24V I have the voltage divider (just not mentioned about it for simplicity) but thank you for your hint.
SMS message is not a proper solution for this application. Capacitor is doable but I would prefer to avoid overcomplicating the hardware.
How exactly works Execution Delay option in Actions? It is just simple delay or there is some double check that the voltage is inside/outside specified thresholds. If it is simple delay set to 100 when my action is triggered in time T, T+1 and T+2 it give me 3 messages at time T+100, T+101,T+102 or only one at T+100?
Regards Konrad

by anonymous

Hello,

It should send only one message at T+100. The information provided in the tooltip explains it a little better: 

How many seconds will pass before the action is executed after it's triggered. Trigger interval and action's Execution delay values are summed up when calculating total interval between I/O triggers.

Let me know if any additional information is needed!

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous

Hello,
I decied to test the modbus solution. Unfortunatelly I did not recieve any sms message when voltage level dropped below defined threshold. Then I decided to debug this utility. I changes the "Action" option to "Every trigger" and but some low delay value. Then as an output I set realy value so I should hear click sound every few seconds but I don't hear any. Could You explain me what is the problem in my configuration

by anonymous
Edit.
I just noticed that the realy is really clicking but only when the voltage is 0V.
That may indicate that some conditions are wrong
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you try configuring two rules - one to turn on the relay when a certain condition is met, and another to turn off the relay when the conditions are opposite than the ones in the first rule?

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
Yes I did it, the configuration is more or less fine. The only problem is about the "Values" field. It doesn't correspond to Volts. For example when I put there 5000 it does correspond to the 5V. I understand that it is saved binary but I couldn't figure out accurate divider to get real voltage form it.
by anonymous
Just in case a similar issue is ever encountered, Modbus registers can be read via a PC using an application like qModMaster. This can be quite helpful in troubleshooting Modbus-related issues.

Best regards,
DaumantasG