FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
162 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

we have 10 RUT955 devices, and we need to use them as hotspots for our boats as we are a yacht charter. Is it possible to limit data usage for hotspot, so that our guests for example can only use 5gig a week.

I was reading about it and I understand you can setup a data limit for users, but if I understand correctly that means each device that connects can use the amount of data set. (we need a solution for the entire group of users to have a data limit)

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

On our wiki page, we have a section about user groups and their limitations. Additionally, you can specify a time when rules should be active. You can set the limit for a week if you want to. I recommend taking a look at this section for more information, which can be found here.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous
Thank you for the answer,

I only have one follow-up question. If I set a user group to have a limit of 1 gig per week, does this mean that each device(user) has 1 gig or the entire group has 1 gig altogether?

Thank you for your time.

Karlo
by anonymous
Hi,

When a user is added to the group, the group rules are applied to that user. Essentially, this affects each user individually. Currently, it is not possible to define a single combined data limit for the whole group.

Kind Regards,

Andzej