FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
104 views 1 comments
by anonymous
I'm having trouble deciding which coaxial cables to use for my LGMHM4B-6-60-24-58 Panoramas Antenna and a Teltonika RUTX50 router I recently bought. The antenna default cables are RG174 and the antenna is 6 meters from the router.

I'm worried I'll lose a little bit too much signal. Which cables would you use to minimize signal loss? Can I attach an RG58 or an LMR240 to the antenna RG174? Or should I extend them with other RG174 cables?

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

If you have an opportunity to use LMR240, this is your best option from the ones you have listed.

First, it provides lowest losses at LTE frequencies. In addition, it is double-shield, making it more resistant to interference and better suited for outside environments.

This page provides a comparison of RG174 and LMR 100 coaxial cables at different frequencies.

You can also evaluate performance of different coaxial cables using any online calculator, for example this one. 

Best regards,

Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you for all the informations and the links. Very handy!