FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
85 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Hello.
we try to use RUT995 device as a GPS/Router but at now is impossible to use with mobile connection. The SIM used is an official italian SIM TIM and we tested with success with other devices. In particular is very difficult to reach the registration to the mobile network and the mobile signals continues to go up and down dropping to zero every few seconds.
I tryed with a lot of combination of configuration parameters and with the installation of several versions of firmware. Now I installed the latest version of firmware RUT9_R_00.07.04.1 . Attached the troblueshoot package.
Can you help me?
Thank you very much.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Looking at the logs, currently configured APN is wap.tim.it. Have you tried a different value: ibox.tim.it?

Alternatively, could insert the SIM card into a smartphone and check the APN it receives once data connection is established?

At the time of troubleshoot file generation, certain LTE signal values are rather poor:

• rsrp: -105 dBm,
  • sinr: 1 dB,

Have you tried placing the device in a different location? Are both mobile antennas connected to the device? 

You can monitor mobile signal in router's WebUI Status -> Network -> Mobile page. For reference signal values, check this link.

Have you tried locking separate LTE bands, specifically: 3, 7, 20? For instructions on LTE band lock, please refer here.

Awaiting for your reply.

Best regards,