FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
167 views 2 comments
by anonymous
We have some vehicles with RUTX11's that aren't seen for a week or two due to them being standby or reserve vehicles.

Is there an alert that can be set in RMS eg RUTX11 not active or seen for 14 days?

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

It is not possible to generate such an alarm.

Would status change message of a device going from/to online/offline not be enough to keep you informed about device state?

Are the devices powered on of during those 14 days?

Best regards,
by anonymous
Hi, no the vehicles are not powered on. They are effectively spare vehicles to replace ones that need serviced or break down. I'm aware of the status change alert from online to offline etc but we can't have a person sitting there monitoring that. There nearest I can see to it is "information updated at..." but that still needs a manual look of checking dates. RMS does have an indicator under status that is a traffic light system eg online, offline, pending, not activated. It would be great if there was something that could mark the RUT as missing after X amount of time eg if RUT doesn't report in after X days (user set in interface eg 14 days), then mark RUT as missing and then be able to send alert from that. Saves anybody watching the console and would also flag up an issue with the RUT as any failure eg no power etc would be reported.
by anonymous
RMS is definitely missing such a feature.

I will forward it as a suggestion to consider implementing in the future.

Best regards,
0 votes
by anonymous
On my large RUT955 fleet, I am doing something like this using custom scripts, to send keep-alives to private web server.

Should be possible on RUTX11s, too.
0 votes
by anonymous

UPDATE: Just seen the latest RMS with Alerts & Automation (beta). It would be ideal if there was a "information updated at" parameter in there with the others. There is a column in RMS with that info so it shouldn't be too hard to add "Information updated at" as a parameter. Then it's a simple case of If "Information updated at" is => "X days ago" then send alert. 

A simple yet effective way to be alerted to devices that have stopped working or dropped off the network!