FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
432 views 3 comments
by anonymous

I have a tractive cat tracker.  It has a system where it detects a wifi signal from a known SSID (you tell it the SSID you want to use) it will switch to low power mode.  This works perfectly well on all of my other routers and access points and detects lots of wifi signals in general.

In the specification of the Tractive it gives the following :-

https://tractive.com/

only 2.4 GHz networks are supported in the Power Saving Zone feature and we use the 802.11b standard

I do not detect any Teltonika routers.  As I have a few of them I have tested on a couple of RUT 240's and a RUT 955.  As far as I can tell the Teltonika supports 802.11b?

I cant see why it does not see them.

Has anyone encountered this?

by anonymous
Thank you for your help,  that did not resolve it.  Since this appears to affect all Teltonika routers I have taken it up with tractive to see if they can resolve it.  I will report back here if I get a sensible answer as someone else is bound to have the problem sooner or later since the Teltonika is very popular on motorhomes and boats.  I am not sure how I can packet capture from the tractive unit but I suspect I can use wireshark on my laptop, with the laptop acting as an access point.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Though 802.11n standard, should be compatible with 802.11b, which is set by default, could you try the following: login to router's WebUI, navigate to Network -> Wireless, edit global 2.4 GHz interface settings, set Operating frequency option to Legacy, see if that gets detected.

Otherwise, could you provide what is the firmware version currently installed in the device? 

Are other devices, smartphones, laptops, able to connect via WiFi?

Do you have in the same Global interface settings window Advanced settings tab enabled option Allow legacy 802.11b rates?

Best regards,

by anonymous

Thank you

I really thought that was it but it did not resolve the issue.

Here are some screen shots.  I am running on one of my RUT 240's with RUT2_R_00.07.04.1

by anonymous

I would assume that something within frame formats between RUT and your tracker is simply incompatible.

However, I would like you to try a couple additional changes in RUT240 access point interface settings:

• In General setup tab disable WMM Mode. It should be backwards compatible with 802.11b, but try it anyway.
  • Switch to Advanced settings tab and disable Short preamble, as in 802.11b support for short preamble is optional and might not be implemented by the tracker.

Otherwise, without having actual frame capture from the tracker, it is difficult to estimate the reason.

Best regards,