FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
236 views 6 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I'm new on Teltonika product. I bought a RUT241 and updated it with last firmware RUT2M_R_00.07.04.1.

I will use the output to turn an external DC/DC on/off. I would like to be able to set/reset the output via a SMS LAN command or a mobile command.

I can do it from the WebUI but I, first of all, cannot configure the "I/O Post/Get setting" page.

I set a new username and password or used the admin and password but I received an error when saving.

What am I doing wrong, is there other settings anywhere ?

What will be the SMS LAN command ?

What will be the SMS mobile command with my mobile phone ?

Thanks a lot for your help

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

There are no additional requirements to enable saving of I/O Post/Get.

Could you tell, which firmware version did you have installed before the update and if the update was performed with Keep settings option enabled?

If that is the case, could you simply reset the device to factory defaults (in router's WebUI navigate to System -> Backup -> Restore default settings)?

In default configuration, router has one SMS rule, which sets the output to high state. This can be achieved by sending an SMS with the following syntax:

• <routers_password> ioset
    • replace <routers_password> with the password you use to login to the router's WebUI.

Alternatively, you could manipulate output states using HTTP queries from a local device, if I/O Post/Get is enabled, with the following call:

• http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/io_state?username=user&password=pass&pin=dout1&state=on

To set output state to low using SMS you would need to configure additional SMS rule.

For this, login to router's WebUI, navigate to Services -> Mobile utilities -> SMS utilities. At the bottom page add a new rule by giving it an SMS text with Action set to Change I/O state. In the rule configuration window, enable it, set State option to Low and save the settings. 

More information on SMS rules is provided here.

You can find more details on Input/Output Post/Get here.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hello,

I restored the default firmware created my sms utilities regarding the I/O and set successfully the I/O post get settings.

It worked, I could save my changes (I will try with the last version now)

I was also able to send a query via LAN using my browser :-) Thank you for your help !

Next step, I would like to do the same sending an SMS from my mobile phone.

I don't really understand, how to configure this and what I should write in the message.

Could you please help me there too ?

Kind Regards
by anonymous
Could you explain exactly, what is it that you would like to do by sending SMS from your mobile phone?

Best regards,
by anonymous
I would like to be able to switch the output ON and OFF with two individual sms sent from my mobile phone.

The ouput is connected to the enable pin of a DC/DC which supplies a device. The goal is to be able to reset this device making the supply down.
by anonymous

I have explained it in my previous comment:

In default configuration, router has one SMS rule, which sets the output to high state. This can be achieved by sending an SMS with the following syntax:

• <routers_password> ioset
    • replace <routers_password> with the password you use to login to the router's WebUI.

To set output state to low using SMS you would need to configure additional SMS rule.

For this, login to router's WebUI, navigate to Services -> Mobile utilities -> SMS utilities. At the bottom page add a new rule by giving it an SMS text, for example ioreset with Action set to Change I/O state. In the rule configuration window enable it, set State option to Low and save the settings. 

In order to execute it, send the following SMS to the router:

• <routers_password> reioset

If you do not know the phone number of the SIM inserted in your router, send an SMS from the router's WebUI Services -> Mobile utilities -> Messages -> Send messages.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hello,

Copied and understood yes

I didn't understand that the synthax 

<routers_password> ioset

has to be sent by sms from my mobile phone.

It works !

Thanks

by anonymous

Hello,

Copied and understood yes

I didn't understand that the synthax 

<routers_password> ioset

has to be sent by sms from my mobile phone.

It works !

Thanks