FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
146 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hello, I have a RUT240 on site and I want to manage it remotely via RMS. The modem was never added to RMS before.

Via sms command "monitoring_status" I retrieved serial and MAC and I added the device in RMS portal.

Via sms command "rms_on" I've enabled the service but the modem did not connect.

Via sms command "status" it shows it's connected (and in fact I can access the device that's online behind the modem): Router name - RUT240; WAN IP - ***; Data Connection state - connected; Connection type - LTE; Signal Strength - -51 dBm; New FW available - No;

Via sms command "monitoring_status" it shows: Monitoring - enabled; Connection state - Connection closed; Serial number - ***; LAN MAC - ***;

I've tried to reboot many times, use the command "rms_on", removed and re-inserted the device in RMS portal, use the command "rms_connect" but nothing worked, always "Connection state - Connection closed" in the status is reported.

Any help is appreciated.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

To begin troubleshooting, could you please provide a serial number of the device?

If I understand correctly, the device does not register to RMS and the only communication tool you have are SMS messages?

Does the device have a public IP, or WAN IP received in a Status reply belongs in a private range (starting from 10.x or 100.x)?

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hello, thanks for the quick reply.

To begin troubleshooting, could you please provide a serial number of the device?

Serial is: 1114093186

If I understand correctly, the device does not register to RMS and the only communication tool you have are SMS messages?

Correct

Does the device have a public IP, or WAN IP received in a Status reply belongs in a private range (starting from 10.x or 100.x)?

No public IP, the modem is connected troughth natted network. The sim operator is used also in other devices that work fine with RMS so it's not an issue of blocked ports as I read in other questions.

by anonymous

RMS server side shows that there were no attempts from the device to connect.

SMS communication does not leave many options.

First, could you send the following message, if you have not tried it, wait some time and check if it helps:

• <routers_password> rms_connect 
    • Replace <routers_password> with the password used to login to the router.

The issue might be related to the DNS of your operator being unable to resolve RMS hostname, thus, could you try sending the following SMS:

• <routers_password> uci set rms_mqtt.rms_connect_mqtt.remote=18.196.62.30

You should receive a message with confirmation that option's value has been replaced.

The error message may be an indication of incorrect device NTP settings.

As a workaround, I would like you to perform additional changes to NTP configuration:

• First, to receive current configuration details, send the following SMS:
    • <routers_password> uci show ntpclient
  • Next, reduce time update interval to a minute:
    • <routers_password> uci set ntpclient.cfgxxxxxx.interval=60
      • Replace cfgxxxxxx with information from uci show ntpclient command, from the corresponding option.
  • Enable time synchronization with mobile operator:
    • <routers_password> uci set ntpclient.cfgxxxxxx.sync_enabled=1
  • Set counter client of sync fails before launching operator station synchronization to 1:
    • <routers_password> uci set ntpclient.cfgxxxxxx.failover=1

Wait a couple of minutes, send <routers_password> rms_connect message again.

See if that helps.

Best regards,

by anonymous
I tryed all the above with no success.

I went on site and also configuring the modem locally did not solve the problem, it always did fail to connect to RMS.

At the end the problem was solved resetting the modem, upgrading sw to latest version (7.04.1), re-enabling RMS, removing and reinserting it in RMS portal.