FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
278 views 8 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

We have an RUT950 I have just powered it back up after being shut down for a couple of months following service work on the installation.

We only have a green power light

No visible Wi-Fi

I have have tried resetting to default but has made no difference?

I do not have a computer here to try hard wiring today.

Regards
by anonymous
I wish I understood these things better.

update in progress!!
by anonymous
No data connection.

Do I require the sim PIN number or PUK code?
by anonymous

If SIM card is configured to require PIN, which by default it usually does, it must be entered. If PIN is required, you should see that in the main Overview page, displayed after logging to the router's WebUI. 

Otherwise, if data connection issues persist, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

If a simple device reset to default settings by holding the reset button for more than 5 seconds does not recover the device, you will need to perform firmware update via bootloader, as instructed here.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for your help.

Connected as advised. When I turn the RUT950 on I get the flashing lights then I am receiving "another device on the network is using your computer's IP address (192.168.1.1). Then when I try and connect via Chrome it times out?

What am I doing wrong?

Regards
by anonymous

Does this happen following bootloader instructions? It appears that you have an IP conflict. Simply set a different IP address on your computer:

Best regards,

by anonymous
My macs static ip is 192.168.1.100 I have confirmed this with a lan scan. My personal router runs .1.1 but my Wi-Fi is disabled and the RUT is plugged directly into the Mac via the usb adapter.
by anonymous
located the problem. In your instructions for the Mac it uses the example for a static IP as 192.169.1.1 which I followed and obviously caused a conflict. I have now set my static as .100 and router as .1.1 and it has let me in.
by anonymous
Ahh, that is indeed an overlook. Thank you for pointing this out.

Please report on your proceedings.

Best regards,