FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
251 views 4 comments
by anonymous
I followed several procedures to enable Port Forwarding from WAN to LAN on port XX to a specific IP and Port 22 (SSH). However, it is not working. any help will be appreciated. Attaching some pics of my configuration

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Your forwarding rule does look to be configured correctly.

Could you also attach a screenshot of the Network -> Interfaces -> General page?

Best regards,

by anonymous

Attaching requested screenshot

by anonymous

Hello,

It appears that 172.23.40.178 is a private IP, not routable over a public internet.

This means that you are either:

• In a private network;
  • Your ISP additionally performs CG - NAT before allowing you to access public internet. Due to this, port forwarding and majority of VPN protocols will not work in your case. 

If the later is true, the, as an alternative, you can check the ZeroTier VPN configuration example in a link below. This might help you solve your problem as this VPN solution does not require you to have a public IP, simply access to the internet: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/ZeroTier_Configuration.

Alternatively, please check Teltonika's Remote Management System, specifically RMS Connect or RMS VPN HUB features, which allow you to access devices connected to Teltonika routers and gateways without the need of public IP: 

Best regards,

by anonymous
I got a static IP from my Cellphone Carrier Provider M2M Network. I am using this IP to access the modem and works fine HTTP/HTTPS over WAN. But SSH Port forwarding is not.
by anonymous
Are you able to access the router itself over WAN on SSH port 22, as it is a rather frequent design decision from the ISPs side to block connections over port 22?