FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
285 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

There's an auto reboot feature. How can we configure auto reboot is disconnected from the RMS platform for a certain times?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

It would be helpful, if you could provide a more detailed description of your intended use case.

Teltonika devices are automatically connected to RMS by default, as long as the device has internet access.

If the connection to the network itself is interrupted, there are alternatives, such as failover, SIM switch or automatic reboot options to restart mobile connection, modem or the router.

Connection to RMS issues might also indicate expiration of a credit or running out of RMS data, in which case Auto Reboot would not make any impact.

In some cases, disconnect may be related to the device's time being incorrect.

Lastly, connection issues could be a result of updates, other works on RMS side, where, again, auto reboot would not help to gain anything.

Best regards,
by anonymous
I'm loosing RMS VPN connection and the internet is still working. I would like to ping RMS VPN server and reboot if not connected.
by anonymous

Could you provide a troubleshoot file from the device, after some of those disconnects occur, but before the device is rebooted, as logs are cleared after reboots? To generate the file, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue causing those disconnects.

Attach the file by editing your original question.

How frequent are those restarts? Do they recover by themselves?

Could you also give a name of your VPN HUB?

Best regards,

by anonymous
I can't tell the frequency, it's has happen 2 days after been installed on-site. They never recover from them self. The VPN HUB is P-Logix. It has not happened since the 2023-04-07 intervention.