FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
728 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hi!

I am trying to update the modem firmware on my router, because in all new firmware versions after RUT36X_R_00.07.02.7 the modem stops working.

But it seems that there are problems with availability of some packages now. I tried different versions of router firmware, including the latest (RUT36X_R_00.07.04.1), did a complete reset of all settings. 

• opkg update
  • opkg install modem_updater
  • opkg install sshfs
  • modem_updater -g

These are the errors that appear:

root@Teltonika-RUT360:~# opkg install modem_updater

Unknown package 'modem_updater'.

Collected errors:

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package modem_updater.

root@Teltonika-RUT360:~# opkg install sshfs

Installing sshfs (3.7.1-1) to root...

Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/21.02.0/packages/mips_24kc/packages/sshfs_3.7.1-1_mips_24kc.ipk

Collected errors:

* pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency kernel (= 5.4.143-1-79c5dc6db69102eb2943a96b9bec8b63) for kmod-fuse

* pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-fuse found, but incompatible with the architectures configured

* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for sshfs:

*      kernel (= 5.4.143-1-79c5dc6db69102eb2943a96b9bec8b63)

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package sshfs.

How to solve it and update the modem firmware?

by anonymous

Can anyone help me with the lost modem_updater package?

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

Not sure what the issue could be in your case. Please try factory resetting the device using the bootloader procedure and reinstalling the packages.

I was able to install both of these packages running the latest firmware.

Also, make sure you have enough storage space left.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

Best answer
by anonymous

Hi! Thank you, I tried the bootloader procedure. However, the situation has not changed. I keep getting the following message after the command: opkg install modem_updater - Unknown package 'modem_updater'.                                                                               Package installation encountered an error, removing previously installed packages.

Is there any possibility to send me this package to install it manually via - PACKAGE MANAGER on the router?

by anonymous
Hello,

Sent the packages via a private message.

Best regards,
DaumantasG