FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
976 views 8 comments
by anonymous

Hi guys 

over the last 3 years I was using the 955 box in my camper und was very satisfied on its stability. 

Last months I bought the rutx50 to get the 5g connection and have cat20 on lte. 

My observation over last 2 weeks brings me to the conclusion that  the box or the firmware is not yet stable enough 

I have daily and random disconnects on WiFi (box’s WiFi is not available), all mobile leds are blinking at this stage. I cannot check if wired connection still exists. 

The box seems unavailable, all I can do is hard reset (plug)

Guys , 600 bucks for a professional box require stable firmware!

Best. Robert

by anonymous
I got the same issues in the last 3 weeks after my RUTX50 was placed next to my Caravan battery cell where AC/DC charger and DC/AC inverters are there,  it happened every hour and in the worst case, all the mobile leds started blinking immediately after the restart regardless it was powered by AC charger or DC.

After moving RUTX 1 meter away from the battery cell,  it works perfectly in the last 2 days.

Hopefully, this helps.
by anonymous
Hi guys,

I noticed i have experienced this also yesterday while driving around well coverage area(phone was able to maintain 3G) however the device LED would all start blinking and I have to power cycle the router.

Could be something buggy here:

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

I've had great stability from my RUTX50 – all aspects of use – what's your firmware?

Mine:

Firmware version
RUTX_R_00.07.04.1
Firmware build date
2023-03-23 09:26:46
Internal modem firmware version
RG501QEUAAR12A07M4G_04.001.04.001
Kernel version
by anonymous

hi, enclosed pls finde my configuration, seems to be the same ..

Best

Robert. 

by anonymous

OK, same firmware. 

I assume you've done a complete reset and still have issues in the factory condition? There is also a bootloader mode which might also help with a hard reset... https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/wikibase/index.php?title=RUTX50_Device_Recovery_Options&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop#Bootloader_menu

If you've done all that, it's probably a hardware issue.

Not trying to rub it in, but I've had 100% uptime from my RUTX50 since deploying it approx. ~12 days ago. (Same from my RUT950s which have been running for years without issue).

by anonymous
Yesterday I’ve been checking the electricity connection to the router.

Being plugged on 230V adapter at home the router works wo any problems for 24 hours. Potentially there is an issue on my 12 V cable in my camper.
by anonymous
Glad to know you've had some luck figuring out the issue! Pls comment back if you determine power to be the culprit.
0 votes
by anonymous
I’ve ordered a new 12 V cable and will be able to verify this setting next week.

My router is installed in the backside garage, distance to  battery and dc/dc inverter is approx 1,5 m

Keep you updated
by anonymous
Good morning,

New 12V cable is installed, electric connection is stable

My observation is:

1) the camper is plugged on 230V (and stands in same place), the Rutx50 box has stable connection for 24 hours

2) during travel, the Router behaves strange. For 30 min up to 2 hours the router works perfectly.

but thenafter:

- mobile led blinks

- WiFi is established and accepts my login

- the router is via 192.167.1.1. not reachable

- no internet access is possible

any ideas?

Best.

Robert.
by anonymous
Cheers,

the situation is still the same.

I‘ve send the box to my distributor, the box was there for 6 weeks for service and checks. They returned the box last weeks and found no unusual behaviour.

My frustration is high, because the problem seems only to come in interaction with my camper or the travelling situation. Having the box in one place it will run for days without problems…