FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+3 votes
1,183 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Hello to you,

I now had a RUTX 11 / 14 from you and now the 50th.

Routers are super performance top.

I just can't understand why you are so worth it against WLAN access with a captive portal.

So many campers / globetrotters / boat owners do not come into any WLAN with captive portal.

Even with my RUTX 50 latest firmware, the captive portal ballast pages do not open.

Finally brings a firmware that can bypass me Captive Portal.

Sincerely, Martin
by anonymous
Hi Martin,

I totally agree with you! A product with such a price (I'm using RUTX50) and so many functions ca not be used easily on camping sites with captive portals resp. logon pages.

It seems that none of the developers ever spends it's holiday on camping sites or only is using mobile data. There is no valid description, how that should work for RUTX_R_00.07.04.1. Maybe we've to change the product, because this was my main reason for buying the RUTX50.

Best regards,

Jochen

3 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

While I cannot comment on how it will work exactly, Hotspot as WAN is planned to be added in v7.5 of RutOS, which should be released around the middle of May. I will let you know if anything changes.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
Thank you very much, as Jochen and I wrote.

Something has to happen! This is a very high priority for campers and boat owners.

There are many entries on Facebook and Co... that it is absolutely incomprehensible that no captive portals are supported.

I'm looking forward to mid-May.

Sincerely, Martin
by anonymous

Very good news!yes

Best regards,

Jochen 

by anonymous
Thank you for that very good and highly appreciated news. I'm an owner of a RUTX11 in my camper van and I cannot await to see this feature in your router software.

Regards,

Thomas.
by anonymous
One can only hope until now, the company Teltonika didn't care that access via a captive portal doesn't work.

Martin
0 votes
by anonymous

That's great great news. Hopefully it will be mid-May soon. For me it was the main reason for buying the rut950 and it's annoying when you have wifi on the pitch and you can't connect and you have to use up your lte data volume. I made an extra antenna on the roof so that I can also receive wireless LANs from a distance and it doesn't work because of captive portals. I am happy

by anonymous
meanwhile it is end of may and nothing has  happened to solve our problem with the captive portal.  I think too, that no-one didn't care about that. Since some years we told about this. The router from Teltonika are not suitable for campers, which want to log in a network, which is using a captive portal
+3 votes
by anonymous
Hello Teltonika,
Has the software
RUTX_R_00.07.04.3 | 2023.05.11
Captive Portal Support now?