FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
233 views 2 comments
by anonymous

This morning we noticed the message "A system update is scheduled for April 18th, adding communication port 15011 for device uniqueness verification. If using a private network, please open port 15011 to ensure proper device communication"

However, I cannot find any documentation on this.  What exactly is this for?
I hope that it is not required for devices to now start using this port?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

A more detailed description is provided in RMS product change notification notes here.

It is related to improving platform's security. The new port will allow to perform additional check of the device with a database, to confirm that the device connecting to RMS is real, unique and manufactured by Teltonika. In order to proceed with this check, an additional port must be opened. 

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hello. I'll switch to 15011 port in RMS settings on the device, and my rutx 14 can't connect to RMS now!
by anonymous
Hello,

You do not need to change the port number in router's settings.

You need to open this port on your network's firewall, if your device is operating from some highly managed and restricted network.

Best regards,