FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
110 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi team,

Just picked this up, I do want to confirm can this unit auto change to 5G network when Network Type is set as Auto ?

I noticed sometimes when its re-booted it goes into 4G mode and stays there, nothing changes, and at the same time rebooted again it goes into 5G mode, both have full 3 bars reception.

Could it be issue with it auto changing to 5G ? I dont want to force it using 5G all the time incase when im in locations with no actual 5G.

Cheers

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The device is indeed capable to connect to 5G. How the device makes the decision to connect to a certain type of network, is determined by the modem itself.

What firmware version is your device running?

Also, are you using automatically obtained APN setting or a custom value? In the latter case, is that the correct APN? Auto APN can be configured in router's WebUI Network -> Interfaces -> General page, by editing mobile interface settings, disabling Auto APN slider button and, selecting APN option value as --Custom-- and entering APN according to your provider.

Keep in mind that setting Network type to 5G only, will attempt to connect to 5G SA networks, which, at the moment are still being developed and deployed and may not be available with your operator. However, you could set it to 4G+5G, the device will attempt to connect to 5G NSA, which uses 4G infrastructure for its backbone, but will also be able to establish 4G connection.

Moreover, would it be possible to get a troubleshoot file from the device, after it is rebooted, but connects to 4G? To generate the file, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into your case.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Thank you for the prompt response.

Its running on the latest fw 7.04.1

I have APN set as auto and everything else as auto as default

I have sent you the file via msg.

cheers