FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
118 views 1 comments
by anonymous
I'm putting together what will become a remote ham-radio station. Key to that is a RUT-951 router which is connected via UTP to a Raspberry Pi Station Control Computer, Geek Mini IT8 Windows 11 machine, and the Flex-6400 HF radio.

In my initial bench setup, the radio was some distance from the router and other computers. Now that I am assembling it as it will be when remote, I've noticed that when the Radio is turned off remotely, I lose comms to the Windows PC and the Pi.

The RUT-951 is configured to ping the Pi and reboot if it fails to get a response 5 times over a 10 minute period, so the station recovers, but it is annoying.

Has anybody experienced this?

Gareth, M5KVK

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you tell, how is this radio turned off remotely? What is it's proximity to the router? What is the radiation power of the radio?

Is remote connection disrupted each time you turn off the radio, or does it happen more frequently, not necessarily related to radio activity?

Would it be possible to get a troubleshoot file from the router? Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Thanks for coming back

The radio has a permanent 12V supply to it. It can be powered on and off using an external port that is connected to a WiFi controlled relay. Closing the switch powers the radio on, opening instructs the radio to shutdown gracefully.

Currently the radio is located about 60cm vertically below the router. The problem is only apparent when the radio is commanded to shutdown - either remotely using the relay, or using the front panel button.

I'm off traveling for the next few weeks, but I'll return to this when I get back sometime in May. I'll try and get a diagnostic log from the router and upload here.