FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
239 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hello guys. Im trying to configure openvpn server on RUTX09. I can connect to my openvpn server. Everything looks good. Now i want to connect to my pc using remote desktop but there is no connnection. The ping response is failed. I  have to openvpn clients. And i want to ping from pc 1 to pc2. And 1 more question. Should i use tap or tunnel?

Here is my config

client

dev tun

proto udp

remote x.x.x.x 1194

resolv-retry infinite

nobind

persist-key

persist-tun

comp-lzo

<ca>

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----

-----END CERTIFICATE-----

</ca>

<cert>

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----

-----END CERTIFICATE-----

</cert>

<key>

-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----

-----END PRIVATE KEY-----

</key>

cipher AES-256-GCM

verb 5

allow-compression yes

remote-cert-tls server

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Please do not post sensitive configuration details publicly, as it compromises your security.

Could you provide a topology picture of your network, to better understand your requirement, with private and virtual IP addresses?

Best regards,
0 votes
by anonymous

Here is my topology. I want to connect form pc1 to pc2 by rdp or atleast be able to ping openvpn adresses.

by anonymous

Adding push option route <server's_LAN_IP> 255.255.255.0 in server's configuration should be enough to reach PC2 from PC1 by its LAN IP. You may need to disable PC2's firewall, as it may be preventing traffic flow. 

However, the topology above is slightly confusing. Both, PC1 and PC2 are within the same subnet and it is different from the LAN subnet of the router. Could you clarify, whether you are bridging two remote sites? 

Could you also check this page for OpenVPN configuration examples and various explanations on how OpenVPN works on Teltonika devices?

Best regards,