FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
415 views 6 comments
by anonymous
I can see this question is asked before but none of the suggested solution works and I really cant understand why I cant register a mail adress for events reporting in RUTX50 but get "failed to send test mail" what ever I do. Smtp.gmail.com, Port 465/587/25, two stage verification on/off. Secure connection and Credentials on/off. Obviously I am missing something?

Regards

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Try following this guide.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Thankyou!

Havent got any SIM-card yet so have to wait a little while, because as I understand it its not possible to make it with the router connected as client on WIFI?

Best regards
by anonymous

The router itself can be configured as a wireless client. Please check for configuration instructions here. Make sure router's and access point's LANs do not overlap.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Sorry for my english: I hade succeeded configure the RUTX50 as client and it is connected to internet but is it possible to send an email message from it, without having a working SIM-card?

It is, by the way, a great router (taking its time to learn)!

Best regards
by anonymous
Hello,

Correct, to send emails SIM card is not needed. SIM is only needed to send SMS.

Make sure you have an internet connection (WiFi STA, Wired WAN...) when sending the emails.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
Thank you everybody for your help! Suceeded after I got the SIM-card. (One more problem was the SMTP-server should be 587 and not 465.)
by anonymous
Glad to hear that it worked!