FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
317 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi
I have a RUT 956 with the latest firmware. I have it reading a single modbus register and sending the data to the MQTT broker and it works a treat, no problem. BUT I need two registers send to the MQTT broker both are integers. The Modbus RTU reads them no problem but I cannot see any way to encode both sets in the Json script. I have tried loads of different variables and Googled etc, but none give both data sets. Any ideas please, with an example if possible. Thanks.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Modbus RTU requests should be processed the same way in the Data to Server as the Modbus TCP. To add the data to Data to Server JSON string, %a variable should be used. If you would like to send different data to different brokers, data filters can be applied. In the Modbus RTU case, Modbus Slave ID or request name should be the correct filters to use.

If you are still experiencing any issues, please describe how you configured the RTU slaves and attach a troubleshoot file to the original post. The file can be generated by navigating to System → Administration → Troubleshoot in the routers Web interface. This file will only be visible to Teltonika moderators.

Best regards,
DaumantasG