FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
576 views 2 comments
by anonymous
i have a RUTX50.

I hav a good 5G signal, -55dBm, but my RUT only take the 4G instead.

This makes me have a very slow connection with 164 Mb in download and 7 Mb upload.

Testing another router with 5G and I have 245 Mb down and 49 Mb up.

Why does my RUT not use the 5G network?

Can I use a setting forcing my router to choose 5G.

BR

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

Unless your carrier supports 5G SA operation, it is not possible to force the device to connect to the 5G network, as in NSA mode the carrier decides whether the device should connect to 5G.

There could be many reasons why the device would not connect to a 5G cell. Here are a few troubleshooting steps I would like you to try/take:

• Please navigate to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and generate a troubleshoot file. This file can be attached to the original question and will only be visible to Teltonika moderators. It will provide me with your configuration to check if everything is configured correctly;
  • Make sure you are using the correct APN for 5G. You can find out the correct APN by contacting your carrier. To set the APN manually, log into the WebUI, navigate to Network → Interfaces → General, and click the pencil icon on the mob1s1a1 interface. Once the configuration window opens up, disable the Auto APN option, and in the Custom APN field enter the APN provided by your carrier;
  • Log into the CLI of the device following these instructions. Username is root, and the password is the same as in WebUI (the password will not be visible when entering). Run this command:

gsmctl -A 'AT+QSCAN=2'

• This command may take a few minutes to output a result. Once it does, please copy it and paste it into a .txt file. This file can be attached to the original post.
  • I will also ask you to run this command and paste the output into the same .txt file:

gsmctl -A 'AT+C5GREG?'

Awaiting your response!

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous

I am struggling with a similar situation where it seems I have a 5G signal but speed and performance is still poor. I have followed up on your command request and this is the outcome:

WWhat can be  concluded from this?

by anonymous
Hello,

Please send me a troubleshoot file via a private message. Thank you.

Best regards,
DaumantasG