FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
159 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I have RUT241 running latest firmware and trying to configure IPSec tunel to remote location using Unify EdgeMAX device.

RUT241 is having 4G connectivity with dhcp assigned IP 100.99.29.92 and it is apparently behind ISP NAT. EdgeMAX has public IP 1.1.1.1 (real IP hidden for security reasons). Although I follow configuration guidelines on both sides I cannot establish the tunnel. Log from RUT 241 is attached. Can you please suggest any hints or further troubleshooting steps?

Thank you,

Michal

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

From the logs, it seems like authentification failed. the exact reason why it failed should be displayed in the EdgeMAX logs, as it is the host, and it sends the auth_failed message.

A few reasons why it could be failing:

• Mismatched Phase 1/Phase 2 settings between RUT241 and EdgeMAX;
  • Mismatched PSK (pre-shared key)/certificates;
  • Mismatched identifiers;
  • Mismatched IKE version (IKEv2 is strongly recommended);
If possible, please attach the screenshots of EdgeMAX configuration and the troubleshoot file from the RUT241. A troubleshoot file can be generated by navigating to System → Administration → Troubleshoot. The files attached to the original question will only be visible to Teltonika moderators.

Best regards,
DaumantasG